2015-01-31

the last post of my interrail adventure: Muenchen and Prague

Despite of this gloomy feeling dominant in my mood nowadays, I shouldn't skip these blog posts and write about Munich and Prague in my interrail adventure. So here it comes:

Well, one of the most important things that I did in Munich was meeting one of my old friends, Ekin. We spent some time together, got my first Munich walking tour and dinner with him. 

Ohm's statue:


Got my first weiss bier here in this city:



We visited Englischer Garten:


and Andechs Kloster (monastery). They are making their own beer, which is pretty interesting. Additionally, this was my second monastery visit in my first interrail adventure. WTF!


(Photo: Jeroen)


Then we went to see Partnach gorge, but it took some time for us to get there on time. So we actually couldn't see the whole gorge. It was getting dark, therefore we needed to go back before getting into a real adventure :p Well, this place is still in my to-do list now.



I also visited Deutches Museum, which is a cool science and tech museum. An old German amplifier:


again an antique chip:


Of course I drank some more beer here in Munich. We especially went to Hofbrauhaus three times! Munich is a very lively city with lots of history. We stayed in Hotel Locarno, which had a good logistics (just near subway and train station) and reasonable prices. What was very interesting about there was that I spent almost all of my cash money! It was a big surprise not to be able to find any pos machines in the restaurants. We also drank glühwein in Munich and ate currywurst! 

Allright, then we headed for Prague!





I really like Prague, even though it was rainy almost all the time and due to that had this weird gloomy mystical air. Well, one should definitely see it in the summer. It has a different atmosphere and I am sure it must be more fun to go around when it is not that freezy cold! I got sick at the end of my interrail trip :( I have been still coughing!

Here is the Czech version of Turkish coffee: (do not expect a turkish coffee actually)



We took a free walking tour in Prague, which was a smart idea in fact. I had got my last free walking tour in Helsinki, which was quite useful to get know around when I was living there. The one in Prague was quite professional. I strongly recommend it. Astronomical clock:


A shot from Jewish quarter: [Kafka's statue]


Dvorak's statue:


Concert house:



We had also our little IQC reunion with Ewa and Jan!


We did a pubcrawl and ended up in a great jazz bar, Agharta jazz club. It was on saturday, so it was extremely crowded. We got a bit dissapointed with Jeroen when we went there for our last night in Prague, since the band was playing for only four people including us! So, we got a quite private jazz concert :p


We also visited Prague castle.


One of the most interesting restaurant concepts that I have come across was this Railway Restaurant. They are serving drinks in little train cars on the railways which are all around the restaurant!



Dancing tower had a very nice view from the top:


We went to television tower for the last day. I really liked the bubbles at the top of it. They were designed to give out a city sound while you're getting rest and having Prague view. I always like city sounds due to some unknown reason! Creepy me.

(Photo: Jeroen)


Lastly, ice bar, which is an enhanced fridge in fact. That wasn't fascinating at all and was expensive in my opinion. But yeah it was different, at least.

(Photo: Jeroen)

I have found my favorite beer in Prague thanks to Jeroen: cherry beer! You don't get this classical beer taste, which is cool :p

So, Prague was the last destination of my interrail adventure. Before starting my interrail, I knew that it would be an awesome trip, maybe the most interesting of all. But in fact it became more than that. I experienced many things in a compressed time slot, met very close friends, improved friendships, solved out quick and sudden problems one might encounter in every trip by myself. All in all, I saw eight cities in 22 days. It started in a money-friendly fashion, though ended with more outcomes than planned unfortunately. When going around with friends, plans might not be met due to improvisations, which are mostly fun but not budget-friendly. So, that is a bit trade-off. I have chosen the fun option ;) One cannot have such a life-changing activity all the time, anyways!

Well, yes. Due to various reasons, it changed and I loved it. 

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder