2015-01-22

a post from past: about lausanne and zurich

Heading for the last destination of my adventure, to Prague! I have been a bit away from blogging recently, gonna make up hopefully. Well, now I am in a bus, not in a train. My interrail pass apparently is also valid in buses from Munich to Prague. Past couple of days passed pretty quickly in fact. I was in Lausanne for a day. So I took a stroll around Lausanne, which is indeed a compact and cute city.








My breakfast:


Swiss franc coins:





I stayed in Lausanne Guesthouse and Backpacker during my stay in Lausanne, which I can strongly recommend. It was one of the best dormitory type hostels throughout this trip, especially when I compare it with the dorm hostel where I stayed in Marseille!

Then I went to Zurich for four days at total. Main reason was visiting ETH Zurich. After getting to Winterthur, where I stayed for the first two days, I spent my first night in Zurich by walking around basically. Some pics from the first night:









I also visited ETH's main buildings, which are located in the city center at first day. Excluding some pretty and historic buildings, it was not that much interesting. At the second day, I trammed around with my day-pass :p 
Lake Zurich:




James Joyce's grave:




After two days in Zurich, Jeroen joined me for another two days in Zurich!





Our first altstadt [after visiting altstadts in Zurich, Innsbruck and Muenchen, we actually started to call the old town of Prague as altstadt, too :)]


my first glühwein experience, which I really like! We went to exactly the same place for both of the nights to get our glühweins!


We also visited Hoeng campus of ETH, which actually has all the physics and engineering colleges and institutes. I found ETH’s campus quite an ideal place to study and work. We climbed up the mountain around Zurich to see it from a wider perspective.



The top of the tower was quite windy, so I could not take any pictures at all! 

Zurich is an extremely expensive city. We kinda always had the problem of food: no regular and proper breakfast, snack-lunches and small portions of dinners! I might have starved after talking to a professor in ETH without my lunch and little breakfast, unless Jeroen had made these delicious [and ordinary of course :p] Dutch sandwiches!

I am still surprised how we made to train on time to Innsbruck. We literally ran for it with our suitcases and backpacks. Yeah, kinda adventurous, right?! There were only 1-2 minutes when he was getting his ticket and I had already given up. But yeah lucky us, the train even got a delay of 4 minutes when we boarded! LOL.

And yeah we got used to this activity of taking trams to the opposite of the direction we want to have. That was pretty fun, too. Just because of that reason, we missed an early bus that goes to the mountains of Zurich, for example. If I am missing a good and fun memory, it's your turn to write them in a comment, Jeroen, also if you are reading this! :)

The next route was Innsbruck in Austria, which I will be telling in another post! 

Stay tuned again!

2 yorum:

  1. I remember seeing ULO's! And I learnt that Zurich-ish German is basically German gibberish with a Dutch accent, much like my German, not that it got me anywhere...

    YanıtlaSil
  2. Interesting Article. Hoping that you will continue posting an article having a useful information. Zurich to lausanne

    YanıtlaSil