2014-12-31

winter interrail Day #1 - #2

allright, I woke up so early in the morning. That's me with my sleepy eyes in the shuttle from Taksim to Sabiha Gokcen airport in Istanbul:


Well, in fact I couldn't sleep at night, at all. I have been having serious insomnia, recently. Anyways, I got to Milan with a little bit turbulence but at least with a nice meal. I hadn't have my breakfast. The guard at the passport check point did not even ask why I came to Italy! Though, I was quite prepared to show my interrail ticket and to answer any question that might come: where will I stay? Do I know the number, address blah blah blah...



I took an express train to Milan Centrale, where I took another train to Turin, Santhia. I arrived Turin quite in the evening and used my interrail ticket for the first time in the trip from Milan to Turin. Just like told in interrail guide sheet, I wrote the details of my trip with an extra attention not to make any mistake and started to wait for the conductor. When he saw my interrail ticket, he even did not check the details!

Well, I got out of the train at Santhia, where Chiara and her dad came and fetched me from train station to their cute village, Cigliano. A picture I took while we were heading for Cigliano:



I met all of her family members, who are welcoming and friendly. It is indeed interesting to see the similarities between Turkish and Italian societies and family structures. I even met her grandmom, who made me a strong espresso! (I needed to put sugar in it!)




Day #2 was the hiking day at mountains! My first time at Alps. Chiara's mom drove us to the point where hiking starts to the historic village, Chamois. We encountered great natural landscapes throughout the hiking path.










Chiara took my picture:


Here is the Chamois from a distance:



Chamois's river:


and Chamois:





All in all, it was a 'delicious' and tiring day. Day #3 will be the last day of the year. I'll continue blogging.
Stay tuned!


3 yorum:

  1. Geo dergisinin yeni sayısında kapak konusu 'Alpler ve Dağ Köyleri' ve dün dergiyi hemen raftan alıp okumaya başladığımda, sayfalardaki küçük kasabalar, kulübeler ve içindeki şöminelere bakarak bol bol iç geçirdim; senin yanın da üzerine tuz biber oldu Ceren! :) Çok güzel bir yere benziyor gittiğin yerler! Sana iyi gezmeler ve şimdiden iyi seneler!
    Selamlar!

    YanıtlaSil
  2. Arif! kesinlikle bir ara rotana koyman gerek bu dağ evlerini :) ben bir tanesini ziyaret edebildim, teker teker hepsini gezmek ve aslında fırsat olursa birkaç gün bir tanesinde inzivaya çekilmek gerek :) tam çalışılacak yerler. -- çok teşekkürler! sana da mutlu yıllar!

    YanıtlaSil
  3. Cerenciğim , heyecanla devamını bekliyoruz ve sıcak çikolata fotoğrafı da istiyoruz.nefis)))

    YanıtlaSil